West Central Florida Ryan White Care Council
The Care Council decides how Ryan White dollars are spent in your community, while also determining what services are provided, how they are delivered and how much money is dedicated to each service.
The Care Council is made of up volunteers who dedicate their time and expertise to serving the needs of those with HIV/AIDS. Our volunteers come from a variety of areas including: People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA), health care providers, community based organizations, AIDS services organizations, social service providers, mental health & substance abuse providers, local public health agencies, health planning agencies, community leaders, and representatives from other Ryan White Parts.
Purpose and Responsibilities of the Care Council:
- Develop and implement needs assessment activities;
- Establish priorities and allocate funds;
- Assess the efficiency of the administrative mechanism of the grantee and lead agency;
- Assess the effectiveness of the services supported by Ryan White funds;
- Develop and adopt a comprehensive plan;
- Participate in the development of the Statewide Coordinated Statement of Need (SCSN).
A community where all persons living with and vulnerable to HIV have access to the resources and support necessary to lead healthy lives.